Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 326 - A brush with Danish Royalty


Today has been marked on my calendar for nearly a week as a potential 'Royal Spotting Day' with Princess Mary and Prince Frederik in town. Shane told me last week that they would be making a brief appearance at the War Memorial this afternoon - he even told me the exact time, it is great to have an insider with information!

The girls had been very excited about seeing a princess. Every time I mentioned the word princess, Olivia would call out Tinkerbell. I was waiting for her to call Princess Mary Tinkerbell this afternoon (but alas she didn't!)

So when the rain came this afternoon, it was not going to put a dampener on my day of royal spotting. I bundled the girls in the car with some flowers to hopefully give to her and stood in the soggy grass at The Australian War Memorial for 20 minutes before she arrived. I stood there with Shane who was the designated child carrier while I took the happy snaps along with a few other dedicated spotters. We thought that with the rain she wouldn't come around and meet and greet the crowd, but another 20 minutes later, we were happily proved wrong. She and Prince Frederik came around and greeted the crowd. When it was our turn to meet them we gave them the flowers from our girls and we had a brief chit chat. She is just gorgeous.

Nothing like a Royal encounter to leave you all warm and fuzzy.

2 comments:

  1. It certainly was a miserable afternoon out there... she is so beautiful and you got some wonderful photos - you got the trifecta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you, Peta! Mary is gorgeous and Fred is pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete